View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Bose recommended please read my other post

Hi!

Glad to hear that your are feeling well enough to go on a trip. A while ago there was a thread entitled "Has anyone taken a flight with PCS?" I have to paste what I wrote there because I have been having major headaches lately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a short flight recently and just thought I'd share how it went.

I was feeling pretty optimistic about the flight and had been reading lots of posts that say it is fine to fly.

But, I was kinda surprised at how nauseated I was and how much my headache increased.

For other headache connoisseur's out there, I got a major migrane headache, different than my usual constant daily headaches. It lasted untill a few hours after the flight.

The nausea was surprising to me, I was so happy that I didn't have anything in my stomach. I have never been sick on a plane before. And my nausea from my pcs has really improved so much. My sister said that I was gray the whole time. I literally had to close my eyes and just concentrate on breathing.

I had to take Zofran on the way back which made a HUGE difference. Please don't forget to bring an anti-nausea med with you.

I was a little claustrophobic, but it wasn't at all as bad as I imagined. I was so happy with that

And one more thing that I highly recommend is the Bose noise canceling headphones. I was hesitant to buy them because of the price, but they were a lifesaver. Honestly, they helped me so much. I was surprised at how loud the plane engines were to my sensitive ears.

Just walking through the crowds in the airport and at the security gates was overwhelming.

I know other people have a hard time with crowds and being over stimulated. If you do you should really try to get these. I think that I would have cried a couple of times without them. I kept them glued to my ears. Granted, they don't eliminate all noises, but for me they were priceless.

Best wishes
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I ended up returning them after the flight because of the cost. I remember thinking there is no way that I am ever going on a plane again for a long time... but repurchased them recently. I know it sounds terrible but I would recommend you buy them and if you can't afford to keep them take them back after your trip. I got mine from Best Buy.They are the Quietcomfort15 and around $300.Honestly I would have paid double the cost for them once I was on the plane.Speaking to the best buy salesperson, she said that literally buses of tourists get dropped off there and head straight for those headphones. I tried other pairs but there really was no comparison. Oh! and I used foam earplugs and the headphones over them for double protection!
postconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote