View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

comeback kid - my experience of when you make a 'complete recovery' is that you may be feeling and functioning at 100% but you are more susceptible to future concussions. Even if years have passed without a concussion the weakness is still there.

This has definitely been the case for me, and is backed up by studies of at risk groups such as American Football players and jockeys - those with a history of concussion are more likely to get another within a given time frame.

I've a had a fair few concussions over my lifetime, made a full and quick recovery each time, and then been concussed more easily the next time.

This is the first time I've had PCS, it came from an inoccuous (sp?) incident where someone slowly fell on me in a football (soccer) match. It didn't even look bad to anyone else, play just carried on. To a normal person it probably would have had no effect, but due to my previous concussions here I am 8 months later still doing reduced duties at work and still unable to even run due to the jarring effect it has on my head.

I absolutely loved football and it was the highlight of each week for me, but no way will I ever play again, this has all been too horrific. I don't see how anyone who has been through this could even think about it. PCS is your brain telling you it can't take any more impacts.

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote