Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I am glad to hear you are fighting the insurance company for your right to have that bone scan done. It is good to hear your psysicians are sticking up for you and are in your corner. That makes all the difference in the world. Sorry to hear you also have back problems. me too. That was my primary reason for finding neruo talk. Breast cancer is in my close family so I have ties to that issue as well.
I have a real beef anyway with insurance period. I was denied insurance my whole life because of pre-existing conditions. Even my folks couldn't pay the priemum for me to get coverage. Well I didn't hold up, and wound up having 8 surgeries total now, and it wiped me out financially. All because I could not get insurance. I am now on Medicare/medicaid. I am grateful for that, but I don't receive alot and it is a hard existance. I expected better after 30 years of work. This country needs so solve the insurance issues on all levels. I too have had to fight medicare, for different proceedures, or medicines that my doctor wants me on. The whole system we have stinks. Keep the good fight up. You deserve to have the proper care.
Are you going to have to address your spinal issues in a surigical way? Sure hope not. I was fused C3-7 after a failed C6-7. It isn't any fun eithor.
I hope your coming medical proceedure work out good, and that you are comfortable while you heal. Have a peaceful and healing Holiday Season. ginnie
ginnie,
I'm not sure what will be happening with my back. I can't even get in to see the spine surgeon until jan 11th, and i called there today to explain that i'm having breast surgery on jan 17th and will be unable to lay on my tummy for like 3 weeks. My primary care dr doesn't feel my body can handle another major surgey yet, so she wants me to get epidurals to hold me over, but this spine surgeon has someone else do the shots, so if they can't move me up, I will be suffering for over 2 months. It's so important to me to get this final breast reconstruction done, physically and emotionally. I need closure on this so bad, it's not even describable. It's been a long rough year for me and I don't seem to be getting anywhere with ins or this spine dr. I would've thought the secretary would have been a little more sympathetic when i called there today, but she was like we don't call you if somebody cancels, you have to call every day. I'm thinking maybe i should call my primary care dr and ask for another spine dr to go to. It's all so upsetting to me, but I'm grateful to have had the best breast cancer team a girl could ask for! they have been my heroes and saviors! I thanked them for saving my life and told them i loved them, their response was it's a good thing you love us, cuz you are going to be here for the rest of your life. They are fighting my ins co tooth and nail for me....so I'm blessed to have them on my side. I try to find humor in this cuz it's the only way to survive, so I baked them booby cookies for Christmas. They turned out so cute, they were like little bikini tops! My plastic surgeons motto at his spa is "Fabulous at any age" and he had a shirt made for me that says "Fabulous at 50", since i just turned 50 on Saturday. They have been so sweet to me. Yesterday, I gave up the earlier surgery day to a woman who was just diagnosed, so she doesnt have to wait an extra week to get the cancer out. I recognized her sadness and fear all too well. I vowed to always give back, whenever I am able and I pray for you daily now also! I have never heard of any successful back surgery, so I'm very leary of all of this. I was in physical therapy before and it didn;t help. The week that ended was when i was dx'd with breast cancer, so the roller coaster is just continuing, and i want OFF this ride! I'm just kind of at a loss as to what to do now, cuz i do need the breast surgery as a matter of sanity at this point. The weird part is I'm an active 50, am 5 ft 4 and weigh about 118, so I'm not overweight or inactive. At least I wasn't till all of this! Kinda sad how your life can just change in an instant. But I'm blessed to still be here...pain and all!! Hope you are having a good day and remember I'm always praying for you sweetie xoxo
Sandy
jade01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote