View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The main nerve (peroneal) goes thru the back of the knee.
Also the meniscal nerve is back there. (my ortho showed me when I went to him the first time).

I just use a Lidoderm sideways, now, if it flares up like it did.
Don't know what caused it tho....I cannot walk or put pressure on that leg when it does that. I apply it above the bend of the knee on the back of the thigh, and tape the ends down so it doesn't move during sleep. The adhesive is not great on them, as most people know.

I am now cutting the Lidoderm in half and using one/half now that the worst is over. I am afraid to stop it all at once, since I don't know what is causing this, flare.

The first night on the amitriptyline, that leg "ached" for some reason...maybe I was so out of it, I slept on it funny? That is all I can think of. At least it is not red and swollen like the first time. I wore my brace the first day too. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get out of bed!

Lidoderms are really good but you HAVE to put them in certain places to get the best results. It will vary from person to person depending on what is causing the pain.

I wish I could do something like the mango...but I have a terrible fructose intolerance, and that would make me so sick!
There IS alot of sugar in dried fruits -- diabetics beware.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (12-13-2011)