View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Breezy,

Thanks for all the info... I am going to read and sort through it and see what I can come up with. I think I see some possible trigger points but I don't want to reply just yet, I want to review it more closely.

By any chance do you have xrays that you could post of the areas that have been worked on?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy1 View Post
Okay, here goes:

1, 3 and 4. Dental procedures were on 30 and 21. # 30 had a crown and they (dentist and endo) decided it needed a root canal - unfortunately, the canal was calcified so after two sessions the endo decided that the tooth would fail as root canal - not possible. So tooth was extracted by oral surgeon with plan for an implant. That side of mouth has had a block 4 times (2 for rc, one for tooth extraction and one for implant insertion) - my understanding was that it was a long lasting block. I specifically asked and was told that articaine or septacaine was used. Each time it seemed that they had to use 3 cartridges for anesthetic doing both a block and then infiltration (I think it is called). On the other side, tooth #21 was part of a 3 unit bridge, so bridge was cut off and then options were a 4 unit bridge (as #21 was removed) or 2 implants. This side also was anesthetized 4 times again articaine was used.

2. No mercury

5. I never get ill, however, I had the flu shot this year and had a reaction that needed to be reported - hot flush, weakness, nausea about 3 hours after injection. Was fine the next day.

6. Seems like the anesthetic went away quickly and a few days later this tingling started and it has now been ongoing - since June after extraction. First it was on the right side only and now on both sides. Treatment has been ongoing.

7. Initial sensation was in right upper cheek near TMJ, but I am not good at recalling exact details. It gets confusing as I was seeing dentist, endo and oral surgeon and each was doing his thing.

8. I am 65 and I do have hypothyroid, which is under control.

9. I have never had a negative reaction to any anesthetic (was actually surprised by the reaction to the flu shot this year).

10. I did have difficulty getting numb and as I said above, oral surgeon used 3 cartridges each time. He seemed surprised at the lack of total numbness after 7 to 10 minutes.

The sensation is awful, again, not horribly painful, but irritating and the loss of taste is annoying. I keep chewing my cheeks and biting my tongue.

With the concern being expressed I'll hold on the B3 until I hear more. But, am sure he said niacin.

Also, have had 3 implants placed with bone graft on 20 and 21. # 20 implant failed and was removed along with the graft. In April oral surgeon is planning a bone graft from my lower jaw to the implant site. I am really concerned about having more dental work done, but at the moment I am having difficulty chewing the food that I cannot taste. It has been difficult and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote