View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle.l.flowers View Post
Hello There,

Sorry to know this is happening:-(...I suffer from insomnia as well, and have for many years. I have epilepsy as well and know Klonopin is based for epilepsy...and I'm not a Doctor, but I don't know why Klonopin would be prescibed for spleep...never heard of that. I have been prescribed many meds for sleep throughout the years and have found the only one to help me is Ativan. Ativan is not only a sleep aide but is an anxiety med. My Doctor told me that anxiety has a lot to do with insomnia. Like I said, I have tried many, many meds for insomnia and Ativan has been the med that has worked for me. I have been taking it for a little over a year now and it still helps tremedously.
Just some input, I truly hope it helps...I will be praying for you and your Daughter.

Sincerely,
Michelle

Michelle, thanks for your note. I looked up Ativan on the internet and it is contraindicated for MG patients --- not sure if it reacts with the mestinon. I guess we'll keep hunting. Looks like many sleeping pills are on the "do not use" list.
violet4941 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote