View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 11:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrat View Post
I sure have a short fuse since my injury. Little tolerance for negativity and get frustrated easily. Sunday I destroyed my cell phone. , it was an older spare I had , it kept screwing up, ( shutting off mid function, not sending messages, etc) and I was trying to reply to a text that morning, and it was on the blink AGAIN,so I snapped it in half and smashed it on the kitchen counter.. such a high intolerance to poor performance A brief fleeting satisfaction at looking at its smashed useless carcass before I through it in the bin...sigh.....
I've not damaged anything (but sure have wanted too lol)..I have also become intolerant of so much since my injury..I always LOVED having ALL of the kids around ( I have 3 and my BF has 3 and a granddaughter)...now, it drives me crazy...I attribute it to the noise, chatter, activity etc...when something feels overwhelming, I walk away. Always...I go hide. Not sure if it's the right thing, but I remove myself to protect myself and I really don't want to lash out at others...this seems to have helped me...it's not always feasible and I've been known to issue a verbal thrashing (ouch)...my family (THANK GOD) knows that it's not my personality, it's the injury talking...there is a huge difference between the two. There is no worse feeling than that anger/rage though...it scares me -_-
JulieRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote