Thread: Back Pay
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default what the Heck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh1 View Post
My original award was closed end 16 months back pay in Jan 2011 which covered Sep 2008 to May 2010 (SSI was included in that which was deducted) and no monthly benefit. I filed a reconsideration appeal within 30 days and won in Oct. 2011. My award letter says "We are witholding your Social Security benefits for Sep 2010 through Sep 2011. We may have to reduce these benefits if you received SSI for this period". Which I didn't. It goes on to say "We will pay you any Social Security benefits you are due for this period" For some reason they changed the disabled date from Jun 2010, which would have been the next month following my original award, to Sep 2010. When I called the local office about the change, they said I could appeal but I would be appealing the whole decision, not just the date part, so I figured I better just let it go as is. I hope this makes sense.
bdh1 i agree, you do not want to have to go back though that B.S again! lol i would just call it good, the judge is the one who decides the date on your backpay! and it is at there descrestion of what that date shall be, my judge said in my award that Soc sec should have awarded me on my first claim, and that he could not understand why they would turn me down, so it worked out very well for me, they had to pay back to my last day at work! but every judge is different and will come up with what they see as fair! congrats on your win, some people just give up after a while even if they cant work, and the sad part? is " that is there money they paid in,, and yet they get so depressed they give up!i like how they call Soc Sec a intitlement program! i get so mad! i paid into this for over 28the years and yet its a ititlement? they are so stupid sometimes. if they mess with soc sec all hell will break loose in this country! if they don't want to pay us, fine just cut me a check for what i have paid in and i will invest it myself! stupid congress! lol take care
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote