View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Stacy,

Culturelle and Pearls probiotics do not require refrigeration, so they are on the shelf with the digestive aids. But it is a good idea to look in the refrigerated section for other brands of probiotics.

I also think vitamin D3 is imperative! Ginnie make sure it's D3 and not D2.

Glad you scheduled your extraction date. This gives you time to put together a healthy soft food diet and whatever supplements you know will be helpful both pre and post op surgery. I'm sure you will do very well!

I personally take homeopathic remedies containing arnica for pre and post op dental procedures with much success!

Bryanna
Thanks, Bryanna. I hadn't started yet on my regimen for the extraction, and you've reminded me about arnica! It is very useful. I use a lot of homeopathic stuff on my toddler for teething or colds (which he rarely gets because he's been supplemented with D3 since before birth). Even for his one and only ear infection, we went to the chiropractor rather than take antibiotics.

I haven't used Culturelle or Pearls, but there are some shelf-stable probiotics now, which is GOOD because most people didn't know to refrigerate them anyway. I may take a look for Culturelle.

I figure I will have the one side to chew on, so while I won't be eating nuts for a while, I will be able to eat most things. I'm going to take antihistamines/decongestants for the week prior to dry out my sinus so that he can put in the graft at the same time. I also have become a fan of Smart Silver for any immune system challenge--the chiropractor gave it to me, and from what I've researched as well, it's helpful. Not cheap, so it's not my every day therapy, but useful when you're stressed or feeling like something is coming on.

Luckily, raw milk is sold in my state, so I can drink lots of that while I'm healing! Someone had asked which tooth, and technically, it's #14, my upper left molar. Dang root goes straight up about an inch. It's the longest root any dentist has ever seen. On the other side, the roots bend, so no problem over there.
Stacy
flygirl7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote