View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Dreams....

Hmmmm Dreams. If this particular forum were a bit more 'busy', I'd bet you'd get a wide array of viewpoints. I certainly don't claim to know much about dreams and their 'meanings'. My mom used to buy books on dreams and was certain that every dream had a meaning.
I know there have been many studies on this topic and there are many books out there on how to 'decipher' dreams.

From what I've heard the most, dreams are our 'subconcious' - I guess this is the view I've latched on to. I'm lucky if I can remember the dream 5 seconds after I awake! Even a very vivid, long drawn out dream....vanishes before I can make any sense out of it. In the past, I tried to 'journal' my dreams, but nothing came of that.
Certain meds I've taken have caused very vivid dreams. Luckily tho, I don't have nightmares.
If you were to ask my mom about the dream you shared, she would try to correlate it to something that was going on in your life at the time you had the dream - such as, you must have had something important going on and you weren't feeling confident that you were able to succeed at it. And since you mentioned your concern for the upcoming basketball season, it might imply that whatever this important thing was, it could potentially affect your future.
Something like that?
Just an example of what I was brought up to believe.

Another thing that stands out in my memory....if you have a dream that you are chewing on glass, that could possibly mean there is something happening in your life that you aren't able to 'swallow'.....unable to accept, perhaps.

People have claimed that dreams are 'visions', from the great beyond.

I don't necessarily stand by any of these theories. Just sharing some thoughts on what I was told in years past.

They are indeed interesting and a good conversation piece.
I'll be curious to see if anyone else has any input to share.

Perhaps a nice soothing bath and a warm glass of milk before bed will relax your subconcious enough to get a good night's rest.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote