View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nick,

Your biggest concern should be dealing with your anxiety. You are taking very small issues and making them huge, or uge as Donald Trump would say.

The encephalomalacia is basically the residual of the bruising from your June injury. It is an area of brain tissue that is dying and will slowly be absorbed. It is likely mostly a pool of the blood that has not yet been fully absorbed. Likely, there is damaged vasculature in this area that limits the blood flow that would carry off the damaged matter.

It is nothing like encephalopathy, which is atrophy or shrinking due to brain cells dying throughout the brain. CTE is a long term repetitive shrinking of the brain matter due to repeated traumas. It takes years to develop and show on the images. The symptoms are slowly progressive, not quickly manifesting like after your injury.

Your tremors can be from a number of things. They can be completely stress caused. They can be related to a neck injury. It can result from a poor night's sleep. There are other rare causes. Doctors will often call it idiopathic, meaning it is happening but they do not know why. Sometimes, they will call it somatoform which really means the same but some doctors use somatoform when they mean psycho-somatic, meaning it is caused by psychological issues.

So, stop worrying. It is only making things worse. Consider my signature verse. Be still.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (01-03-2012)