Thread: Vitamins
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Different people need different things basically. We are all very different.

I went and viewed another post of yours... on autoimmune.
You have veins that are appearing varicosed?

This would suggest some autoimmune process and/or inflammatory process.

Without a test for B12 it is difficult to decide if you need it. Certainly it can't hurt, to start at 1000mcg/day on an empty stomach. Not expensive. Choose the methylcobalamin form.

But patients who have autoimmune and inflammatory issues, should consider
1)R-lipoic acid stabilized 100mg a day to start

2)grapeseed extract 200-300mg a day

These two may show you some improvements within a month or so. If you start too many things, you won't know which is working best for you.

Making sure you get enough magnesium from food, or a supplement at 1/2 the RDA recommendations is a good idea too, esp for muscle pain and/or cramping.

I am testing out an anti-inflammatory helper, and nerve helper called NAG... it is supposed to help with soft tissue inflammation, tendonitis, and joint pain. It is too soon for me to recommend it. But it has shown up on MS studies to help them and since it is not toxic or expensive I am trying it too.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread158430.html
regular glucosamine never worked for me BTW.

Foods high in antioxidants, or other antioxidant supplements like curcumin may be helpful. Choose quality products, as curcumin is not absorbed well. CurcuGel 500 is one that is absorbed more efficiently. One a day of that may help with inflammation. Ginger extract also is helpful. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

I tend to start slowly and add things in later...so you can see what is working, how much, if at all etc, and then add another.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote