View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink TOS vs RSD

Hi Cathie,

How did you make out with your appointment? Which doctor did you go to? I think you are in much more cervical driven pain than I am. So sorry that you have such significant pain and lack of fine motor skills.Posture and positioning make such a difference. I understand what you mean about being on the computer. Glad your fall did not make the situation worse. Let me know what they say. Thinking about you.

I was technically better after my surgery. At 8 months post op I really didn't have any pain or problems. My ROM was very good, but there was still room for improvement. Only had muscle spasms once in a while and my strength was still improving. I was so pleased setting up my classroom at the end of August. My co-teacher was so excited for us that I was able to lift and move without pain.My situation took a nose drive after the car accident. I went back to the OSS for my 1 year check. He said that with PT I should still get back more ROM and hopefully the spasms, knots and pins and needles will decrease, but that it could take anywhere from 3 more months to a year. After a total of 2 years from the surgery date, he said that would probably be it. I also went to the Chief of Vascular Surgery at a well known hospital "Long Island Jewish Hospital" I brought all of my prior testing reports from a year prior to the surgery up to the present. He looked at the EMG I had prior to the surgery. He said that those results ruled out TOS. I asked if the trauma of the surgery and car accident could cause the TOS and he said no. I have read that it could. But who am I to second guess him. HE did a few tests, my pulse on ankles, wrists, arms, neck and movement of my arms and neck. He said I was positive for Addison only on the left. My fingers, hand, toes and feet were very cooperative. Hands turned bright red and ice cold and then red and hot and sweaty. My toes were so blue it almost looked like I painted them with blue nail polish. They did not turn red and hot, but I had a picture of one foot bright red and the other one gray to ashen. There are times my hands and feet hurt without doing anything or toughing anything. That is also a symptom of RSD. He feels that it is RSD. Not much can be done about it. I did not ask all of my questions because I lost my focus. I plan on writing down more questions and try to get him on the phone to ask my questions.

Hope to hear from you soon., Sorry I rambled so much.
Happy Holiday if I don't speak to you prior.

Gail
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote