View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Stacy,

It may be helpful to take some decongestants a few days prior to the surgery date. However, I would not take them for 12 hours prior to the extraction or for 48 hours post op because you don't want to minimize the oral secretions during or immediately after the extraction.

With all of the cold and virus germs going around, the smart silver may be helpful in preventing the immune system from becoming bogged down. I would take that 2-3 days leading up to the extraction, the day of and a few days post op. Is that similar to what you had planned?

I would be cautious of certain foods during the first week or two. Anything spicy or hot (temp) can aggravate the surgical wound. Also avoid anything with seeds... hard crusty bread....sharp crunchy foods and anything through a straw.

The root of this tooth may be long, but it's a blessing that it's straight and not curvy because it's usually easier to remove a straight root than a curvy one!!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl7 View Post
Thanks, Bryanna. I hadn't started yet on my regimen for the extraction, and you've reminded me about arnica! It is very useful. I use a lot of homeopathic stuff on my toddler for teething or colds (which he rarely gets because he's been supplemented with D3 since before birth). Even for his one and only ear infection, we went to the chiropractor rather than take antibiotics.

I haven't used Culturelle or Pearls, but there are some shelf-stable probiotics now, which is GOOD because most people didn't know to refrigerate them anyway. I may take a look for Culturelle.

I figure I will have the one side to chew on, so while I won't be eating nuts for a while, I will be able to eat most things. I'm going to take antihistamines/decongestants for the week prior to dry out my sinus so that he can put in the graft at the same time. I also have become a fan of Smart Silver for any immune system challenge--the chiropractor gave it to me, and from what I've researched as well, it's helpful. Not cheap, so it's not my every day therapy, but useful when you're stressed or feeling like something is coming on.

Luckily, raw milk is sold in my state, so I can drink lots of that while I'm healing! Someone had asked which tooth, and technically, it's #14, my upper left molar. Dang root goes straight up about an inch. It's the longest root any dentist has ever seen. On the other side, the roots bend, so no problem over there.
Stacy
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote