View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What does MG crisis feel like?

Hello everyone.. I am currently in diagnositic limbo.. They have ordered the Musk test (I guess athena labs is the only place that does this test and they have to mail the kit, then it takes a week or so after that.. ugh).
Anyhow, this past week my symptoms seem to have dramatically worsened.. I have no idea why (unless hormones could play a role?)... My generalzied weakness has dramatically worsened, I have now had double vision for about 4 days almost all day (used to be only when I was wiped out). I can barely function, it's as if my arms are too heavy for my shoulders, and head too heavy for my neck too (I basically can't swing my arms when walking right now).. I can't get up from a chair or ground without serious effort (and i'm 31!)
Anyhow, the most worrisome symptom is that the last few days my chest kind of has a dull ache when taking a big breathe, as if the breathe is stopped - including when I sneeze.. I feel short of breath, and my speech is more slurred..
If this is MG, when should I seek help? When i'm awake I can tell breathing is not easy, but I am a little worried about sleeping tonight..
I called my univerisity neuromuscular clinic and they are getting me in the morning.. but I was just curious if this does sound like MG??

Also, with the double vision, I can tell my vision seems odd , but it's hard to tell if its actually double.. i think it is.. A few months back I called my eye doc saying I Had double vision and he said my eyes looked good, and I thought huh, strange.. But i realize when I have to look at something I have to kind of go back and forth with each eye to see it right..
Thanks for any insight!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote