Thread: Athena Labs
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank yall both so much, I REALLY appreciate yalls time to reply!
Violet, thank you that is good to know!!! I worried after the lab that my insurance is contracted through made some mistakes and lost some samples etc.. and then my ANA test that was done through there lab (though it was about 4 months ago was vastly different than the one I had last week at the univerisity) however My symptoms have dramatically worsened, so it could just be in relation to that for the ANA...

Catie- thank you.. We talked to our insurance and Athena labs.. they are saying they are the ONLY ones that run the Musk test.. that they have a patent on it.. I would think Mayo would also run it, but maybe they send it out to athena too?? I talked to my insurance lab as well, and they confirmed they send it out to Athena.. THANK YOU for the info regarding the payment help, that will defintely come in handy!!!! The musk test is NOT cheap at all, but we need to find an answer for all of this maddness!!!
SPeaking of the mitochondrial testing- can yall tell me anything more about mitochondrial disorder? Is there a serum lab instead of muscle biopsy that can test for it? All I can find online is when it affects newborns/kids etc.. Someone had told me to look into that as it would not show up on EMG (i haven't had a SFEMG yet though). THank you!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote