View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna: great minds think alike!

That is exactly my plan....I'm going to start Sudafed 12 hr tabs a week before and stop the day before. I don't plan to restart....I'm just using it to dry out the sinus. And the smart silver I plan to take a few days before, after the extraction sometime that day and then for a few days after to get the healing started. It's pretty neat stuff.

I've eat weird compared to most people--I don't eat bread (so the crunchy bread isn't a problem!), and I don't really care for spicy food. That's a good reminder on hot food, though, as I really like Tulsi tea (great for the immune system also!), but I usually end up drinking it lukewarm anyway.

Is it just the first 2 weeks that food is particularly a risk? I had my wisdom teeth out 20 years ago, so I don't really remember the recovery, except that it wasn't bad.

Yes, the roots are looooooong and straight on this side. I'm a freaky one in that my lower molars all have 3-4 roots, not just 2, but the uppers are normal with 2 roots. It should be pretty clean for him to remove.

Thanks for your advice, and if you think of anything else that would help, shoot me a note.
Stacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Stacy,

It may be helpful to take some decongestants a few days prior to the surgery date. However, I would not take them for 12 hours prior to the extraction or for 48 hours post op because you don't want to minimize the oral secretions during or immediately after the extraction.

With all of the cold and virus germs going around, the smart silver may be helpful in preventing the immune system from becoming bogged down. I would take that 2-3 days leading up to the extraction, the day of and a few days post op. Is that similar to what you had planned?

I would be cautious of certain foods during the first week or two. Anything spicy or hot (temp) can aggravate the surgical wound. Also avoid anything with seeds... hard crusty bread....sharp crunchy foods and anything through a straw.

The root of this tooth may be long, but it's a blessing that it's straight and not curvy because it's usually easier to remove a straight root than a curvy one!!

Bryanna
flygirl7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote