View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 10:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi: I'm a pharmacist, and I've read through these posts, and it does sound very much like you have autoimmune problems going on that could contribute to the paresthesia you now have.

Some researchers have pointed to latent effects of vaccines on susceptible individuals. Obviously, not everyone has problems from vaccines, but we almost never know who will before they receive a vaccine. The damage can show up much later, triggered by many different things. So I would not rule that out, especially since you did have the H1N1 vaccine, a particularly sloppy vaccine.

About the vitamins that have been recommended to you: Vitamin D3 is so helpful for almost everything in our bodies (since it's not really a vitamin but a hormone). Get tested, but I'll bet you are low since most people are, and then get started on 5000 units-10,000 units a day, retest in 3 months.

Niacin (B3) is more commonly prescribed for cholesterol, up to 6 g a day max. I don't know that I would jump on board on that one. The B vitamins, in general (with some exceptions), are meant to be taken together in balanced quantities. I don't find the same information that your doctor said about it.

B12 is an exception because if you're deficient, you would supplement with just B12. You could just start on this, but get tested first to avoid wasting your money on a supplement you don't need. Our absorption of B12 from food decreases with age because our stomachs produce less acid, which is required to absorb B12. So an older person taking the same amount of B12 as a younger person will derive less benefit!

Good luck to you. It's complex, and it may turn out to be multi-factorial (as I suspect).

Stacy
flygirl7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote