View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 02:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I do not know what the tests would show for polymyositis, and it might show a lot of inflammation, but I do know that I have been diagnosed with fibro for years. I have the same issues. And pain meds do not help.

Sorry that may be confusing. What I'm trying to say is I have been diagnosed with fibro. Regular pain meds don't work. I too show low inflammation or no inflammation, my pain is in my muscles AND joints. But always seems to be in my muscles when pain is highest. If I raise my arms during a flare, my shoulders are so sore, tired, like I've been working out all day. I have also been diagnosed with MCTD. That has overlap symptoms with polymiositis, RA, lupus, scleroderma. Doctors often miss MCTD. Steroids did help for a while. Sometimes I'm pretty sure my fibro pain might actually be the MCTD. So it might help to look for the poly, or MCTD, or ask a doc if they at least think it is UCTD.

The only thing that has ever taken this pain away is my chinese herbals. They saved my life for 2-3 years. If you cannot find an answer you might want to look into acupuncture.So far it's the best thing I've done.
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-16-2011)