View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi bflo,

Welcome to the forum! What is happening with you is that you aren't getting enough sleep and you are under to much stress these are the 2 main things that can trigger seizures for a person. I've had colors going back and forth in my eyes for over 30 yrs. along with a nervous feeling in my stomach this is known as a aura or simple partial seizure. You should go to an Epilepsy Center which are usually at big hosptials or University hospitals and see a Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy). The next time you start to see colors in your eyes tighten up all the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists by doing this it can stop the seizure. You should watch what you eat stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it because that causes more electrical activity in the brain and can trigger seizures. Also you should have a special e.e.g. done where they flash different color strobe lights because it sounds like you might be photosensitive meaning certain colors can trigger seizures. They have proven that some video games will cause seizures. When I had this test done I found that florescent green, amber, and bright white like when the sun shines on the snow would trigger seizures for me. Epilepsy has been around for many yrs. I look at all the famous people who have epilepsy like Elton John, Edgar Allen Poe, Alan Faneca professional football player and many other people. I won't let it stop me either I work full time, but I don't drive. Start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day, cut back on the carbs and starch foods and start eating foods high in fat this is known as the ketogenic diet which is for people who have epilepsy and the diet reduces/stops seizures for many people. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote