Thread: Visit to my GP
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 01:46 PM

Location: in a little purple house in Vancouver.BC. Canada. With my spouse of 20 years and a lame dog.
15 yr Member

Location: in a little purple house in Vancouver.BC. Canada. With my spouse of 20 years and a lame dog.
15 yr Member
Default I am always..

amazed that these Doc's think that any of this stuff is easy to take. Neurontin at 900mg/day last spring and my neuro thought that Lyrica would be good instead -mostly because I had private coverage for meds and she had some free sampes to give out.I took 75 in the a.m. and p.m. and for 2 whole weeks I couldn't moove off the couch I was so dizzy,stoned, blitzed. Then I was supposed to double it. I went to the GP and she said go back to neurontin. I did. I have increased it to 2700 mg over 9 months and now consider myself sufficiently stupid and refuse to go up any higher. And this from a girl who spent most of her adolesence on LSD. (This interferes now with Zyban apparently as I took one dose of that and thought I was back in the 6o's.)
I think playing this drug game is really based on "intent" to help.I try to convince myself this magic potion will work and stick with it , switch and/ or add more only when YOU "have" to because it's the best decision you can make for your own reasons. Then run it by the Doc who will hopefully think that way too. Maybe add some led Zeppelin and a black light? If we tred softly, hopefully we won't trip.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote