View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Also if your condition causes you to be taken out of work at various times for periods of times that also counts as "failed work attempts" so there are a lot of variables to applying for SSDI and it would be to your advantage to either get good legal advice. There is no "good" time to file for SSDI, it is all bad when anybody has to file and collect as far as I am concerned. My attorney was very up front with me and he happened to be representing me on my Worker's Compensation Case at the same time, so I lucked out (I guess as far as not having to find a seperate lawyer) He gave me all the information and every scenario possible. Sure enough, everything he said happened, just as he thought it would! I applied online, got denied, he wrote an appeal for a "written fully favorable decision" and that is what we got. So I never had to see a court room or anything, thankfully.

I also did a lot of research myself. I read the SSA website requirements for disability (not that I wanted to be disabled by any means) but to be prepared when filling out my paperwork when I had to file. There are other state sites you can check I am guessing for other types of assistance as well. We have them for New York State. I researched those as well. It is good to read up as much as you can and search out as much as you can because not all government agencies are going to be willing to offer up these other places to you.

Good luck. If you cannot do the work, do not force yourself and suffer the pain, it is so not worth it, we have all hade to learn to give up some things to get better or just to have time to focus on healing ourselves.

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Eowyn (12-16-2011)