View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm very glad you are getting some help. If you can, visualize a beach or any place where you feel calm and secure. Stay in that place mentally. You don't need stress making things worse. It really helps to keep a calm center. You'll be able to ask the right questions and get the best help that way too. Try not to worry. Since they started IVIG and admitted you, you should be fairly reassured that they'll try to make you better! There are other things they could do and they should actually do, like an arterial blood gas and breathing tests.

No one thinks to do this in the medical field but if you have a phone that takes pics, you can take a pic of your face (straight on and in good light). Can someone bring your phone charger? Or ask a nurse to do it so it isn't blurry. You'd be amazed how helpful it is to have before, during and after photos when you're in the middle of a diagnostic mess. Some people don't even realize they have ptosis until they do that.

I hope you continue to get better. BTW, what's your "name?" Sorry, I haven't been around for awhile.

Annie

I'll post this on GrannyJo's thread about MTHFR. Your doctors need to know you have this, if they don't already. Doing IVIG in someone with "thick blood" can create problems such as blood clots. I'm not saying this to make you worry but there are more tests they should be doing. You may want to consult with a hematologist as well. And a cardiologist.

Last edited by AnnieB3; 12-16-2011 at 08:02 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote