View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Nicole,

I understand everything you are saying. I understand that you don't want to loose your teeth. But you need to ask yourself.... What am I keeping? At what expense (both health and financial) am I hanging onto diseased teeth?

When you mentioned the throbbing on a few of your recent posts, I knew what was happening and that sooner than later you were going to have to make a decision on what to do. I didn't talk about it because you are still feeling anxious over the recent extractions and I could tell that intuitively you knew there was going to be other tooth problems. SO I waited until you realized this throbbing was not going to go away on it's own. Hope you understand why I didn't bring it up sooner.

If you tell your dentist... "I need those teeth"... then she will not offer you any other options and will proceed with root canals. If you tell her.... "I do not want to deal with chronic infection and ultimately have to remove those teeth" .... hopefully she will be less likely to convince you to do root canals. Ask her for treatment options and how she would plan on removing those teeth and fabricating a partial denture for you.

Generally, a temporary partial is made prior to the extractions and it is placed in your mouth immediately after the extractions. I know this sounds scary but the partial acts as a bandade over the wounds and it actually helps to shape the bone as it is healing so the new partial fits well.

I cannot stress enough for you to keep in mind as a priority... root canaled teeth are always infected so you run the risk of further problems and you will be addressing these teeth again at some point. Successful replacement options for root canaled teeth are limited due to the diseased bone from the infected teeth.

I know you are scared.... I understand.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry socket girl View Post
Hi.. Bryanna I need your help. I spoke to y Denise today just to run my tooth throbbing by her and she said it could possibly be my bridge. She said the teeth underneath we're never root canal and there could be decay. I am going Tuesday for het to just take an X-ray and look to see what is going on on tht side. I said well I have to get rid of the bridge and she said I need it.
I need your expert opinion and if anyone want to chime in I am open to hear from others who might have delt with this.
Bryanna, I need those teeth. If I extract he two I have no teeth except my two front which are healthy. I feel like I will be a freak. I am scared. What would I do like a partial. I am only 40 and I don't want my daughters to see me toothless.i feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown. There are people I know just pull them and that is that. Me.. I am a mess. If I did do this how long do u have to wit to put the partial in your mouth? will I have to go a month with no teeth? My god bryanna I think I am going to breakdown. If I do the root canal which I don't know if this is necessary yet but if I do the cost alone is ridiculous. A new bridge, a root canal and what if down the road that other tooth needs it. You are talking 4000 dollars and it can fail. I swear I have had it for 12 years because those teeth were not root canaled they were just shaven down for the bridge.
Please if this was you what would you do?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote