View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi rweidn,

The tooth could be fractured which would cause it to hurt when tapped on and sensitive to temp as well. Root canal therapy does nothing for a fractured tooth and warrants the tooth chronically infected.

When you say the xray doesn't show anything significant.... what does it show? Which tooth is this?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweidn View Post
I have neuropathic facial numbness and pain bilateryally and some other symptoms such as burning through my nostrils and occasionally earache. Symptoms are constant and vary in intensity. Neurologists say not Trigeminal Neuralgia. Had MRI's - normal. For awhile i have had a sensitive tooth (sensitive when i touch or tap it). X-rays do not show anything significant. I have a filling (silver) of 10 years in that tooth. Recently it has flared up and become very sensitive to hot and cold. Again a further x-ray showed little of significance. Am trying antibiotics but so far no difference. Dentist has said that if the filling has to come out because the antibiotics don't work the tooth may need a root canal treatment. I am quite concerned about this as have read a bit on dental procedures exacerbating facial pain. Is the root canal procedure safe. Any advice would be greatly welcome.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote