View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Okay,
History: Last fall, 15 yr old daughter suffered facial soccer injury, ball to face, treated at ER as head injury. Cleared to play by ER doc due to lack of major trauma symptoms. Returned to play that week. Headaches began shortly after. Headaches persisted. Family doc referred to neurologist, then to long term rehab with neuropsychologist and speech pathologist. Neurological testing indicated possible "permanent brain damage." Daughter continued to complain about sinus and nose pain. Last week lapsed into MAJOR flu-like sypmtoms. Understand, cognitive and memory testing DID indicate major head injury, so I'm not blowing that off, but we/she knew there was more to it...

So...Just back from the ear nose & throat appt. Cat Scan indicated dislocated septum and sinus damage. YAY! ENT doc pointed to areas on daughters face and forehead that were hurting, she said YES, finally someone is listening to me! He showed us cartilage damage that was directly related to SINUSITIS and gave her a prescription. Wants to see her in a week to determine wether surgical repair is needed or not. I'll update then.

Don't EVER give up!

Last edited by spudbro9999; 03-26-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling, more info
spudbro9999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote