View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna: I like the Red chai masala Tulsi--it's caffeine free. It is very therapeutic, and it's good that you can find it almost anywhere now. I used to have to buy it online! I add xylitol and raw milk to it, and it's like a chai tea from Starbuck's! Cheaper, though, and better for me.

I don't eat bread except occasionally if out to eat (which is rare), but I do still eat white rice. I like it, and I can't give it up. However, it is basmati or jasmine rice. I eat brown rice pasta instead of regular pasta, and my son is growing up on that. I am a big fan of saturated fats like butter and coconut oil, and I do eat meat (organic or at least hormone free) and raw egg yolks. And I aim for 50% raw diet. Plus all my supplements. All in all, I aim to stay away from doctors and modern medicine. I have had my share of that, and it wasn't fun, and I blame some of that on previous bad nutrition and over-exercise (which is quite stressful on your body).

Also, people drink fruit juice thinking it's good for you, but it is as bad as soda pop. My son has never tasted juice. He drinks just spring water (no fluoride!). These are easy things to do that have huge benefits.

I figure once I get the tooth out, I'll probably see even more improvements overall because I'm sure my body is expending a lot of precious immune resources on that.

Stacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Stacy,

I love Tulsi tea!!!... the peppermint... red mango... lemon ginger ... green!! Which flavors do you like? They are so delicious and definitely have therapeutic affects!!

I too have a "weird" diet... as compared to a lot of people. I basically eat to live and I'm very mindful of the source of my food. My co workers always bust my chops about my brown rice and veggie lunch. They call me "bird" because I snack on raw veggies, fruit and nuts throughout the day! I raised my daughter to eat the same way... she's grown up and married.... still eats this way!

Generally, yes it is the first 2 weeks of careful eating. It really all depends on how quickly the site heals and if there are any complications.

I think you are going to do fine!

Bryanna
flygirl7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote