View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Luckily, I do have insurance through our state pool for people who have been denied insurance due to pre-existing conditions (aren't they all?) - it is expensive and there is a hefty deductible and co-pay, but at least it is something.

I do think getting a lot of doctors involved can be a problem though, because everything does become quite fragmented. I have a followup with my PC at the end of the month and will discuss some options. Although, I have to say, I think that she mis-prescribed the dosing on the gabapentin - she had me taking it 1 X 300 in the am and 2x300 at bedtime - which made me wake up with horrible headaches. After researching on the web, I discovered that the appropriate dosing is 3 x day. So I divided up the doses and it seems to not have the headache side affect. The big question now - is, is it really working. I am not noticing a big difference, maybe a little bit better. I hesitate to keep going up and up in dosage....

I think I would like to give the Lyrica a try before increasing the other - but it is expensive and that is a big draw back. On the other hand, if it works it will be priceless!
ohmab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote