View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I guess I'm not doing any shopping for my nieces. Been begging my sister for a list of stuff and they havent done it yet. I told them I only have free rush shipping till tomorrow at one of the places I'm shopping at, and I havent seen an email yet for what the kids want.

Guess they're getting gift cards. I'm not going to be paying all that rush shipping to get their stuff here by next week if they dont hand me a list today.

They did call, because they're taking my mom out for her birthday and my sister's birthday (I'm not going) and said they'd go shopping today before they go for dinner. Yeah, that's not going over well with my dad, who has a heart condition, and isnt up to shopping in a store either. This is why we've been begging them for a list of stuff we could order.

Santa Claus (me and my dad) feels like crap this year, wish my sister would have paid attention the multiple times we begged her for a list of stuff to get. My mom is probably all for going shopping, but I dont think my sister has shopped with my mom for 20yrs. Mom will want a wheelchair to sit in, and she wants to stop and look at everything. But when it comes to actually buying anything, my mom will get all grumpy and say "they dont need it" and will refuse to buy anything. (this is why I buy my dad whatever presents he tells me to buy for him and then tell my mom she bought it for him. She wont remember she didnt)

Glad I'm not going shopping with them today. I know what will happen. They'll take my parents with them, and my sister and b-in-law will wander off and my parents will be left alone somewhere, with no clue what to buy. Then my parents will be tired and grumpy and annoyed that they were trapped in a store with no way to get home. (I've shopped with my sister before. I always make sure I'm the driver)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (12-17-2011), mrkmyword (12-17-2011), SallyC (12-17-2011)