View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 01:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
How did you make out at the dr.? I think I sent you a message on a different thread about my dr appt
Not so great. He's really pushing for me to have a second surgery on my ulnar nerve, saying its a matter of when, not if. He's unsure what is giving me so much shoulder pain, thinks that is muscle related and a separate issue. Gave me an appt for another MRI on my thoracic outlet area (which is just to humor me since he doesn't believe in TOS, but will give me testing anyway.) also gave me an extension on physiotherapy for another 3 months.

As for my career, I'm done. He wrote that it is his belief that I will never return to work as a graphic designer. Will re-evaluate for any other type of work in march 2012.

I knew I couldn't do my job, but I don't want another surgery. He feels my hand has a lot of nerve damage and neuropathy, and think surgery could prevent it from worsening or risking muscle wasting of my hand. I'm thinking about it, but haven't decided yet.

I contacted my boss and told him this, and he was a total jerk to me, said he thinks I have a hereditary condition and doesn't think I should be on workers comp, wants to save his insurance premiums obviously. I am so mad at him, I was his assistant (he's the VP of our company) for 10 years, I made him look good from behind the scenes with no glory and this is how he repays me.... Grrrrrr. Anyway, I have proof it's from work and ergonomics, so he can shut it.

I'm angry and frustrated. I will check the other thread for what you wrote about your appt. I hope you had better news then me.

Take care,
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote