View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

GRTRT719,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of you struggles at work.

It does not sound as if you were treated properly.

My first suggestion is to file for unemployment. The Unemployment office will look into whether you were fired for cause (bad work behavior) or whether this was a medical issue that caused the firing.

You also may need to talk to an Employee's Rights attorney. If your condition is considered a disability, your firing was against the law.

Michigan is an "At Will" employment state meaning they can let you go without cause. Only discrimination guidelines protect workers in Michigan.

Do you have litigation going regarding the MVA? If you were not at fault, you should seek a good attorney. Check out http://tbilaw.com/choiceoflawyer.php

Finally, I am concerned about your condition. If these are seizures, you should not be driving, AT ALL. If they are confusion due to mental overloading, then you need to determine what is triggering the overload. I had serious problems with 'spacing out' after my injury in 1965. My teacher thought it was day dreaming. Now, I have a better understanding. I think the space out periods were petit mal (absence) seizures.

The length of these periods makes them sound severe. 15 to 30 minutes of loss of awareness is a long time. You may be having sleep deprivation mini-naps. I have these from time to time.

I have fallen asleep sitting here at my computer. It starts with me staring at the screen. This may go on for a few minutes. Then, my eyes get heavy. As my head starts to nod off, I usually wake up. These periods can last from 5 to 10 minutes. When I notice this, I need to go take a nap. It usually means I did not sleep well. My sleeping well depends on whether I am breathing properly when i sleep.

You should get checked for sleep disturbances. They may be causing your problems.

So, you need to determine whether this is a disability protected by Michigan law. And, you need to find out if you are having a seizure or just falling into a dozing kind of sleep due to sleep deprivation.

Lastly, it will help in your future posts if you will add some paragraph spacings. Many of us struggle to follow from the end of a line to the start of the next line if the paragraph is longer and 5 or 6 lines.

So, I hope I have not overloaded you. I tend to do that.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 12-18-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-19-2011)