View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank yall so very much for all of yalls messages, i REALLYappreciate it!! Sorry, my phone died when I was replying and I just now got my laptop and phone charger!
Sooo.. I recieved IVIG last night, loading dose.. felt kind of bad this morning, but I think it was the benadryl hangover, I just felt SOO doopy! Do yall do benadryl with your IVIG? If it is MG, does benadryl exacerbate your symptoms?

It was strange, the nurse also noticed my "saggy" face and especially right eye.. I took a picture and it is better today, though I have been taking it easier today than i have in a long time!

For those of you that have had IVIG,... how long does it take for it to work if it is MG? They ran a TON of bloodwork on me, including Musk.. but it will take a while to get it back.. My breathing seems better today, but I do notice difficulty when I exert myself but nothing like yesterday where it was hard to talk without taking breaks

If this is MG, does IVIG do the tick usually, or do people usually need steroids, mestion etc .. I will be here in the hospital for a few more days getting more IVIG, another Lumbar puncture, etc.. If it works, will I just go home and it all go back to feeling awful if I dont go home with meds? I have been impressed with everything here, they seem to be on top of it and ordering a lot of tests since i'm not a straighforward case by anymeans..

Two more questions, (sorry, i have soo many)!!

1. For the eyelid droop- my actual eyelid does seem droopy, but the top part of the eyelid below the eybrow is what is really noticable.. I have never had "hooded" eyes, but it droops down to my eyelashes-usually i have a fairly big gap there- is that typical of MG?

2. When my muscles fatigue, I feel like they are almost vibrating afterwards. just really shakey- especially my face.. it almost feels numb, its hard to explain. My face and shoulders (from my arms being "too heavy" ) seem to be the worst with that.. anyone else??

Thanks again so much.. I am not a fan of this diagnostic limbo, just praying that this IVIG does the trick!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote