View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I wouldnt mind something that helps. I'm doing what I call the "drunk zombie" walk. The bottom of my right foot is pretty numb now. Think the intensity is different. Still too numb for me to wear a shoe comfortably, but it doesnt hurt as much to put my foot in a shoe.

I noticed today, that my foot is catching on the bathmat in the bathroom...so I reluctantly rolled that up and stuck it in the store room. (I really like that bathmat!) Sure doesnt help the whole "foot sliding across the floor" problem I'm having when I'm sitting down...err...doing something in the bathroom, and I move to...ummm...do something else. My foot will still slide across the tile floor without me knowing about it till it's almost knocked me over.

Today was day 6 of steroids, so tomorrow I get to step down to gagging down 4 prednisones. Today was also the last day of antibiotics for the UTI that triggered everything, so hopefully things are going to calm down a little bit now and my feet will wake up again.

I just want to be able to walk across a room without worrying about falling down. But it's not just the toes that are numb, the entire heel is numb, and the side of my foot. I can tell the numbness goes up my leg, over my knee and up to a numb area on my waistline. (right where the waist of my jeans rest) I'm guessing it's something irritating my sciatic nerve, and it's making a bunch of other nerves go weird.

The other numbness is from my shoulder down the right side of my back. That's annoying, but not painful like it was the other day.

I just want some semblance of normal. I want it to be better by Xmas, but I'm betting it's not going to be.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote