View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 11:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default tried Imitrex....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Nanc, I suffered from migraines since my 20's. Took Midrin at that time (onset). Eventually suffered rebound and made migraines even worse.

In my 40's the Neurologist I saw put me on a preventative schedule - Inderal and Elavil. It helped somewhat; but when (what I call the miracle med) Imitrex came on the market - unbelievable relief. When I feel a migraine coming on, I take an Imitrex; rarely do I need a 2nd. You do have to be careful not to go into rebound from too many. Since I started using Imitrex;my migraines are all but gone within an hour.

Not sure you have tried Imitrex; but if you have not, maybe your doctor could give you a prescription for it. (I get a script for 50mg's and cut in half which amounts to my taking about 25mg. The cost is the same for the 25mg's and the 50mg's.

Sorry about your "pinky". The last thing you needed is to add one more thing. Not much time left before Christmas; but ordering on the internet really is a great help. Enough pain without shopping in the malls.
Hey there...I have had migraines since a kid. Take Topamax daily and it has reduced them greatly! I have a baseline headache daily, but when it gets bad I take Fiorinal, when it is headed toward migraine I take Amerge (which is GREAT). I have tried every form of Imitrex and it did nothing for me. Had a terrible reaction from the Imitrex shots.

The migraines have increased for some reason since I got the last SCS paddle leads put in.

I used the internet as much as I could this Christmas But we had to go out today to pick up stuff locally, boy was that tough...
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote