View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Finally, I'm not posting a complaint about my MS.

I found my mom's TENS Unit tonight.

In an act of desperation, I went and found some batteries and experimented with placing the little electrodes on my leg where the numbness was the most annoying. Took awhile to find a spot where I could actually feel something, but I found a spot and setting that I could feel, and left it on my leg for a half hour.

I think it helped a little. It could be placebo effect, or just the fact that it distracted me for a bit from the constant numb sensation. I'm still numb, it's still a lot annoying, but while I was wearing it, I was able to sit and actually read and crochet for awhile. (really needed that!) When I go to that physiatrist this week, I think I'm taking the TENS with me and see what he thinks about me using it, and asking him if there's any way I can get fresh electrodes for it.

I'm to the point where I'd rather feel the little shocking pinpricks than the numbness. I dont have to worry about getting addicted to the TENS like I do with the valium I'm taking for spasticity.

I'm probably going to ask the physiatrist if they have any newer TENS Units out that are easier to use. My mom's old one has these long cords that get tangled, and it may be getting a little worn out. I think I'd rather walk around with a battery zapping me than be drugged out on valium.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-19-2011), SallyC (12-18-2011)