View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi and welcome to neurotalks t.n. forum. First I would suggest that you explain the type of pain or pains you are having with your general health provider. tell them you would like to see a neurologist to rule out t.n. or any neuropathic pain, compression or damage to the trig nerve on that side where your pain flares up.I see no reason to wait to inquire about having apt with a neuro doc . inquire at the neuro apt to have MRI ask about meds that help with t.n. pain.

sadly even if you have insurance most times t.n. folks are treated like drug addicts it is not just here in Florida and having insurance dose not matter. it is almost universal attitude most of us have to deal with and handle.

Usually when one is stressed and tense then pain is aggravated . one learns triggers for some it is air or touching in the area, chewing, hot or cold... then try to avoid those triggers helps control it a tiny bit.
is your pain constant? do you notice things that make it "wake up" ?? I am sure once you get to neuro and they can rx you, meds will be able to control the pain. I see no need to wait it takes a while to "jump threw the hoops" so the sooner you get the ball rolling the better.

There is allot of info in the stickies up top so read threw and see if things fit what your are experiencing then write down as best you can how the pain feels and what you were doing before the "flare up ". knowledge is power
sending good energy to you. Keep us posted and if you need any help or have questions we are here.
PEACE
BMW

Last edited by Burntmarshmallow; 12-18-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote