View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I did have a heat CT and an EEG which showed no abnormalities. So as far as they know they don't believe it is seizures.
I understand the at-will employment which I think would be fine, if they had not started this whole medical/doctor documentation thing, which I believe would be the line that crosses the at will into a discrimination suit.
I am meeting with a lawyer next week to exactly understand the legalities considering the situation.
I am def not sleep deprived. I actually sleep really well. From what I have been told by several doctors is that it is a symptom of a cerebral concussion/PCS/tMBI and no doctor no even the neurologist could guarantee that it when they would stop/how long they would continue. My work wanted an exact answer on if they would ever happen again which several doctors told them they could not do.
My work asked the following to my doctors.
1. What is the exact diagnosis and the chances of these continuing
2. Am I at a safety risk to myself or others
3. Can I perform my job duties
4. Does my medication have any effect over these instances?\

Three doctors including a neurologist answered these for them stating while over time, they should lessen and eventually cease but cannot give an exact date, I am not a safety risk and I can and was exceeding my job requirements except during the times of the "space-outs" and no my medication was not causing them.
After these letters, this is when they continued to pursue this as a behavioral issue and told me I was expected to remain alert while during work hours. I was confused and directed them back to the doctor documentation they wanted that relayed that was an impossibility to guarantee them that. About a week and a half after coming back to work I had another episode. Terminated.
To me, and especially my doctors, feel that it was a disability discrimination and is no longer at will due to all the documentation they made me gather and so on. One of my doctors is actually the person who set me up with my lawyer whom I am meeting with. The really ironic things is I worked in medical billing office which included over 100 doctors. Any one of them could have been consulted to the nature of my condition by the HR director and my boss.
Those two just took it upon themselves to decide my future state with the company. I think if none of the medical documentation etc would have taken place, at will employment would have happened and then I would have needed to move on. To me this just seems like its more than that.
GRTRT719 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-19-2011)