View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi maeri,

The root tip that was left in the bone had died a long time ago. Teeth cannot stay alive if they are not intact. It would be wise to see and oral surgeon and have a panorex xray done to locate the root tip and see if it has developed a cyst around it. That could be contributing to your sinus issues. If he has any concerns about removing it, then it would also be wise to see an ENT doctor to have a scan done to see the extent of the sinus involvement.

I urge you to do this sooner than later because if there is infection associated with this root tip, the health risks of not removing it can be extensive and difficult to treat.

Please keep us posted...
Bryanna

QUOTE=maeri554;833376]Like other posts on this thread, I had teeth removed at 11 years of age for braces. Did not find out until I was in my 20's about the root. At that time I was told it was still live but had now been squeezed between the adjacent teeth and roots. I am now in my 50's and am recovering from the 2nd humongous sinus infection in 30 years. The whole right side of my face was swollen couldn't eat, could hardly talk. Antibiotics seem to be working. Right now it seems the pain is concentrated in my upper jaw in the bone. I am worried about erosion. The ER personel suggested I see and ENT as soon as possible. I am hoping this thread is still active and I can get some advice.[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-19-2011)