View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It's digital. I think my mom got it about 7 or 8yrs ago. I actually used it some about a year or two ago during another flare where I had Spasticity From Hell that was trying to squeeze me to death around the stomach and ribs. The spasticity really hurt, the electrical zaps from the TENS were the only thing that helped at the time.

I did see that Amazon has the electrode thingies, and they actually sell some TENS units there too. (not sure if you need a Rx to get one) Shocked at the prices. My dad paid outright for my mom's. It cost him $800 to purchase it. The ones I was seeing on Amazon last night looked like they were $100 or less. My mom's unit might be wearing out a bit.

Just found a TENS unit on Amazon for $37 and it's Prime eligible (I can get it before Xmas!) and I am really really really really really tempted to hit the Buy It Now button. (I may just go do that. I dont think my dad would mind paying for it. Heck of a lot cheaper than my mom's was)

I am really kind of frustratedly depressingly in a bad mood today. Just worried I'm stuck with these symptoms for the rest of my life. Not a happy camper today. I just want Xmas to be over right now. Even knowing what one of my presents is (an Apple product...dont tell my dad I saw it when it was delivered) I'm just not in the mood for Xmas this year.

If I had the energy to do it, I'd go take the Xmas tree down because that's how much I am not in the mood to do it now.

Edit to add:

Just found some fresh, unused electrodes for my mom's TENS unit. Amazing how much better it works when the electrodes arent all worn out. Little happier now that I can zap my leg some more and distract the MS trolls a bit. Zap! Take that MS troll!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Erin524; 12-18-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote