View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 03:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Please, please research RF done to RSD patients before having it done!!! I understand it can be effective for non RSD patients, but this is incredibly risky. I had it done many years ago and it increased my allodynia dramatically, and it never decreased to pre procedure levels, although meds help mask the issue. Hooshmand state's it shouldn't be performed on RSD patients, and there's plenty of others out there who have had serious bad results.

It was described to me as a slightly more intense version of a steallate ganglion block. What actually happens is heat is directed to the problem area at very high levels to destroy the bad nerves. In my case, it just made my nerves even more dysfunctional.

If there is one procedure I most fear for RSD patients to undergo other than amputation this is seriously it. Speaking of which, amputation was what I was fantasizing about in the weeks after having RF. In the 10 years I've had RSD, this was without question the worst thing that happened to me. And the doc did of course try to deny that the procedure could have possibly exacerbated my condition.
Thanks for your advice and input, I will look into it further.

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote