View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I did end up getting some stuff for my nieces. My sister and b-in-law came over yesterday to take my mom and my sister out for their b-days. B-in-law finally got it thru his head that we've been begging for lists for presents. (they changed their email addresses and never told us, and never check their old addresses, so they were clueless that we needed to know what to get)

So, b-in-law emailed me some links from his laptop while he was here and I got some stuff ordered. Yay for the Amazon Prime trial membership (free 2-day shipping!) I ordered enough stuff that I can now justify paying for the paid membership to Amazon Prime. (just used that to order myself a TENS unit! Merry Xmas to me! It'll be here wednesday)

My b-in-law was nice at least when I asked questions about what the kids wanted. I asked my sister what she wanted for her b-day and got yelled at for my trouble. (she didnt need that iTunes card I was going to get her)

Now I think other than wrapping presents, I'm ready for Xmas. I use fabric gift bags that I've made over the years, and I just re-use ribbon and name tags, so wrapping presents is going to consist of putting presents in bags. Bigger presents, I'm leaving in their shipping boxes and not even bothering to make them pretty. I might put a sticky bow on a couple, but that's about as far as I'm going on that. Dont even have to use tags, I've got a Sharpie marker to write the names of the person those presents are for.

I'm now in the "I dont give a crap anymore" phase about buying presents. If there's anything that I HAVE to get for someone, I hope they're not disappointed that they'll have to go get it themselves with a gift card or cash, or wait for it to appear from Amazon.com. I figure it's less stress for me...

and, not having to wrap anything with paper, there will be less garbage to toss out, and less ridiculously expensive wrapping paper wasted on camouflaging a present. We'll just have a few shipping boxes to break down and bubble wrap to pop.

I just want Xmas to be over. I want to play with my toys that I know I'm getting (because I bought them) and I just want to figure out a way to relax. I think I'll be able to relax a little when I get the present that my dad bought me that I accidentally saw when it was delivered. (Apple product...Ooo!) That's the only thing about Xmas that I'm excited about now. I know what it is, I just dont know all the specifications about it.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote