View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 10:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Noise-triggered seizures

Thanks for your post. Yes, I have noise-triggered seizures too. Only from a specific combination of traffic noise. It is a buzzing sound like an airplane engine noise. It lasts for 3 to 10 seconds. I'm aware and can talk etc. I do get irritated when it gets too noisy on the street. They are mostly controlled by Lamictal and Vimpat. I used to get a one or two a month since I was 18 (and didn't know they were seizures until I had two grand mals), but now I have about 4 a year. All in the winter months. I learned I have gluten intolerance and going gluten free has helped.

How is he doing now? All the best.

Quote:
My 16 year old son had his first and only (so far) seizure last month. It was a grand mal seizure but CT scan and EEG both came back normal. He has a cochlear implant, so an MRI is not an option. Since the seizure, he has had noise sensitivity issues nearly everyday. Just prior to his seizure, he remembers hearing a loud noise, almost like a buzzing sound. Since the seizure, he does not complain of the buzzing sound, just that sounds are too loud all of a sudden. I have also noticed that he is more anxious and more easily agitated since his seizure, and he is also having difficulty sleeping at night. I'm trying to understand what is going on with him, but the doctors do not seem concerned. The noise sensitivity concerns me because he has never had that before and I'm trying to determine if that is directly related to the seizure.
penelope123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote