View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 10:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello, all. I was just recently diagnosed with my second spinal leak in 7 years. With the first leak, I was in the hospital for an entire month, because doctors couldn't figure out what it was. I couldn't raise my head without throwing up. When they finally figured it out, they administered a high dose of steroids intravenously. That did the trick for almost 8 years up until a week ago. My head started hurting at work, which I didn't think much about. Halfway through my day, it became extremely difficult to sit/stand. I went home early and laid down, which immediately relieved the headache. A few days later, it still wasn't getting any better, so I decided to go to the ER. The neurologist strongly felt that it was a migraine, but after having a leak before, I knew better. I practically had to bed for an MRI, which no surprise, showed a leak. I had two blood patches done and was discharged a few hours later. I still have a headache and my neck is stiff, but not as bad as it was. I believe I may have a connective tissue disorder called Marfan Syndrome and that's why I've had two spontaneous spinal leaks. Does anyone know of any supplements that strengthen connective tissue?
Mduvall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote