View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

MG can affect any of your 640 skeletal muscles, including the ones you need to swallow! So, yeah, it affects everything you do.

The sensory issue might be something else or it could be MG. The neuro who diagnosed me said he hears that a lot from MGers who aren't diagnosed yet and even some who are. When muscles get heavy and weak, they can feel like how they do if you get the circulation cut off in your arm. Not that extreme but similar.

Have you been tested for a Vitamin D deficiency? That can affect the muscles too. Did anyone do the celiac antibody tests?!!! If you have CD and keep eating gluten, you are damaging the villi in your small intestine (and possibly damaging your brain as recent studies suggest), so get tested! I have CD and it is entirely doable to live without gluten.

People with autoimmune problems can often have more than one disease. Some people I know have those odd mutations, clotting disorders like antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, etc. too. So your doctors should not dismiss MG simply because you have other symptoms. I hate when they do that. They like things to fit neatly into the "standard" diagnostic guidelines.

Keep getting better. Get enough sleep too.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote