View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

THanks so much Annie!!
That is really interesting that your dr said a lot of MGers have that sensation- that describes mine pretty well- my face almost feels numb after I smile or laugh for a bit, and it won't reallly be able to move.. It feels like vibration or asleep sensation.. My shoulders especially get this when I walk around swinging my arms (which I think we should be able to do, but this past week proved to be too much for my body, so I had to walk funny with both arms still to my sides and a straight face)!

My vitamin D levels were 21, so i have been taking supplements for a few weeks now, along with attempting to get more sun too! As far as celiac.. They tested my antibodies (when this all began, and I was having GI issues and feeling weak), but I had already been gluten free for a week or so, they were negative, then about 10 days after being gluten free had endoscopy/coloscopy (its really been a fun year), that besides gastritis and esphagitis was normal.. though I think only one biopsy of small intestines was taken... reading that neuro symptoms can also be a part of celiac, i cut all gluten out of my diet- no processed foods at all, not even gluten free ones, no caisen and no soy... It seemed to calm down the GI system a little bit.. I've been gluten free- very strict about it for almost 5 months or so now, just in case my neuro symptoms were from that! It's really not hard to do, except in the hospital setting!! I"m starving!!! they don't have a lot of options for gluten free.. haha, I had my hubby sneak me in some better food!
Thanks again so much for your help! I hope tomorrow brings even more improvement! I am getting very excited to think whatever I have is manageable!!! I can't imagine not worsening day after day after day!!!!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote