View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

B2Y - What a wonderful Christmas delivery! Usually, the post office delivers to us, not the other way around. What a remarkable friend you had to do that for you! I'll bet we could assemble some of these memories into a Lifetime Christmas movie!.

I was baking banana bread last night and watching sappy Christmas movies on Lifetime. I wasn't feeling much into Christmas so I thought that watching some of those movies would help.

Alex (my 11 year old) started watching one with me. It was totally a sappy girly movie (and very predictable), but he got sucked into it. He said about half way through it that "it's weird, but this movies is really sad but also really good" and he begged to stay up late to finish watching it.

I let him stay up with me and, of course, I cried at the end of the movie and he hugged me. That will be a good Christmas memory.

I remember watching "It's a Wonderful Life" with my mom every year at Christmas. I have to find out when that is playing and watch that with my kids this year.

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-19-2011), SallyC (12-19-2011), tkrik (12-19-2011), Twinkletoes (12-19-2011)