View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What's the point ?( in a horrible place)

I remember when I got my concussions and would come to this site trying to get an idea about recovery and what I should do for myself. I would see post from people saying they were 8 months into recovery, or 6 months, or 4 months in. I thought to my self I'm a young, healthy 30 year old female and most of all I'm an athlete. I was sure I would shake this off just like I have every other injury I have revived on a field, court, or track. I mean everybody says I will be ok in 2 weeks(even though it took me 6 weeks to recover from the concussion I got almost 2 months earlier. For some reason I thought there was no way in hell I would be one of those people that still had issues months later. Boy was I wrong.

I am now in my 7th month of trying to recover. Some days are good and some days are horrible. I guess today is a horrible day. I can't escape the constant pain in my head. I cant think clearly and I just feel awful physically as well as emotionally. I went to sleep with a migraine and woke up with the pain still in my head. It's the holidays and laying around is not in the plan. Plus I have been sick and laid up for almost a week so I have a ton to catch up on.

I'm just feeling like what's the point. I honestly want to just crawl in bed and cry. Cry for the loss of the person I used to be. That super intelligent, super athlete, energetic, tough young woman. I'm not her anymore since my back to back concussions.
Xoe22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote