View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent98 View Post
My pain doctor wont RX above 300mg [of Lyrica] as she feels side effects and efficiency does not warrant doses higher.
This is not unusual, and there are studies to support it.
Quote:
Neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy

The maximum recommended dose of Lyrica is 100 mg three times a day (300 mg/day) in patients with creatinine clearance of at least 60 mL/min. Begin dosing at 50 mg three times a day (150 mg/day). The dose may be increased to 300 mg/day within 1 week based on efficacy and tolerability. Because Lyrica is eliminated primarily by renal excretion, adjust the dose in patients with reduced renal function [see Dosage and Administration (2.5)].

Although Lyrica was also studied at 600 mg/day, there is no evidence that this dose confers additional significant benefit and this dose was less well tolerated. In view of the dose-dependent adverse reactions, treatment with doses above 300 mg/day is not recommended [see Adverse Reactions (6.1)].
http://www.drugs.com/pro/lyrica.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by bent98 View Post
Is there any drugs that help the alloydinya that I can suggest to my pain doctor?
Here is one list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allodynia#Drugs
and if you haven't already, I would look further into the condition and other treatment modalities.
Google: allodynia treatment

HTH,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote