View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default More PCS shares

Spudbro and Dmom,
Thanks for your shares! My son is now 5 weeks out from wrestling injury. His life is continuing to fall apart. We are hearing that rest will help symptoms improve. We are seeing a neuropsychologist who has spent alot of time with us and is going to communicate a plan for school. Presently he wants him to show up to class when he can but do no homework, papers or exams. This should be interesting. Most teachers are understanding but some are challeged with this special modification. The sleeping thing has been recently a challenge, not so in the beggining. We have yet to take any meds for anything except Ibuprofen for headaches which have not helped much. This may have to change if he continues to not sleep well, since rest is so important. It is heartbreaking to watch him suffer. I admire all of you for going on for months. We did have IMPACT test done prior to his injury, so we do know that he does have cognitive changes. We are told that he should clear up with rest. It is hard to be patient. He has a terrible time knowing what they are talking about in class. Spudbro, why does your daughter need a speech pathologist? Interesting enough, son did have a thickening of sinus mucosa on MRI, which indicated start of sinus infections. This seems to be a week by week puzzle. Thankyou for any hope offered because the fear that these are symptoms he has to live with for the rest of his life, keeps rearing it's ugly head. Thanks for listening and I will hope for all of us. Son starting school tomm, again.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote