View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello all,

Once again it's been many months since I last checked in with an update on my wife's condition. I'm sad to say that nothing has changed. At the advice of her dentist she had the #15 molar removed. The tooth was in bad shape and had an old root canal. I suppose he (and my wife) were hoping this would solve the problem, but there's been no change since the extraction.

We HAVE come to the conclusion that there's a direct relationship between her sinuses and jaw/face pain. She goes through cycles where her sinuses feel "full" and the jaw pain becomes much worse. This continues for hours or even days until she feels what she calls a "mucus ball" break loose. She coughs it up and out and immediately feels some relief from the pain. The relief is only minor as the pain never completely goes away. Eventually the sinus pressure comes back and the cycle repeats.

All this time she's also had the protruding point at the top of her left jaw bone that only showed up after the initial wisdom tooth extraction in 2009. It sticks out even more when she opens her jaw, and it's only on the left side. None of the doctors seem concerned about this even though we assure them this didn't happen before 2009.

At any rate, we're still at a total loss for what to do. We just emailed her dentist to see if he'll send us a copy of the latest x-rays. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.

One last thing to note, probably unrelated, is that my wife was diagnosed with hypothyrodism this summer. She's been on meds to treat the condition but that hasn't seemed to have an impact on her jaw/face pain.

Thanks for reading
Craig V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Craig,

Any chance you could post the xrays of that upper area of her mouth? I still say it's a good chance it's an infected tooth problem.

Bryanna
clvaughnsr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote